News & Announcements

Tuesday April 20th - 2 hour Delay

On April 20th, due to hazadourus road conditions, all Clear Creek Schools will be on a two hour delay schedule. Classes will begin at approximately 10:20. Buses will also be delayed by 2 hours.

2 hour delay, Tuesday March 16th

On March 16th, while main roads are looking great, our side roads still have slush which will likely be icy tomorrow morning. To ensure safety for kids on buses and teen drivers, we will use our two hour delay schedule. Classes will begin at approximately 10:20. Buses will also be delayed by 2 hours.

No School Monday March 15th

On Monday March 15th, due to hazardous driving conditions, and inclement weather, All Clear Creek School District schools will be closed. Due to limited internet capacities we will not be remote learning. All after school activities have been cancelled. Thank you.

Friday March 12, 2021

Hello CCSD Families,

This message is to let you know that we are monitoring two things for Friday, March 12th: snow and substitute teacher requests.

Because of the unpredictable weather headed our way, we moved our employee vaccination clinic from Friday afternoon to Thursday afternoon. This is a second dose for educators in CCSD. Reactions to the second dose tend to be more significant; while some people experience no reaction, others experience high fevers, chills, body aches, and other flu-like symptoms. Our teachers are tough (mountain-tough as we like to say), but for some this could impact their ability to teach on Friday.

(We continue to be grateful for Clear Creek Public Health's support to keep schools in person this year, and we are grateful that our employees have the opportunity to complete their vaccinations. This helps us do more this spring, for students, and the community.)

We have prepared our substitute teachers to expect a higher request volume and we will be monitoring each school's ability to hold school given the needed coverage.

We are also monitoring the weather and anticipated road conditions.

As always, inclement weather brings difficult decisions regarding school being delayed, open, or closed. The added layer of some educators potentially being out on Friday will now be one of the factors we consider as we determine if we can hold school or not.

We will send out further information ONLY if there are changes to school being in session on Friday.

Think sunshine, healthy educators, and happy students!

Karen Quanbeck
Superintendent & Lead Learner
RSS Feed